No news items to display.
 

Cassandra Hand Centre


Cassandra Hand exterior.JPG

The Cassandra Hand Centre at Ball Alley Lane recently refurbished by the Clones 1500 Heritage Committee and Clones Community Forum, was officially opened by Minister Dick Roche on Monday 13th February 2006 in the presence of a large cross-community gathering.

This 19th century Gothic-style building is dedicated to the memory of Cassandra Hand, whom upon her arrival in Clones in September 1847 successfully set up Clones Lace.

The profits from this enterprise enabled her, in 1859 to finance the construction of this building which was originally used as a school for infants and girls.

Fully restored to its former splendour this historic building is now available for hire. This centre offers the ideal facility and comfort for:
  • Management meetings
  • In-service programmes
  • Staff development seminars
  • Presentations
  • Launches
Conference equipment:
  • Projector/screen
  • Flipcharts
  • Podium
Costs:
  • 2 meeting rooms available that together cater for up to 60 people and each singly up to 30 people
  • Cost €20 per hour per room or €30 per hour including tea/coffee and biscuits.
Catering facilities:
  • Tea, coffee and biscuits
Public Liability:
  • The Cassandra Hand Centre has Public Liability Insurance
Other Facilities:
  • Wheelchair access
Booking arrangements:

The Cassandra Hand Centre
Ball Alley Lane
off Cara Street
Clones
County Monaghan
Ireland
Telephone: +353 (47) 20626

To send us a message click here

Alternatively, contact:

Clones Community Forum
1 Celtic House
Fermanagh Street
Clones
County Monaghan
Ireland
Telephone: +353 (47) 52997
Fax: +353 (47) 52917


This project has been funded by a grant from the Heritage Council of Ireland. It has also received funding from Cavan-Monaghan Rural Development Co-op under the National Rural Development Programme. Funded by the Irish Government and part-financed by the European Union under the National Development Plan 2000-2006.